Are you in need of a dental crown and don’t want to wait around for a long time to have it done? If a tooth in your smile needs restoring, at All About Smiles, we can get you in and out of the door using same-day dentistry technology, or CEREC technology, to restore your tooth with a dental crown. Unlike CEREC crowns, traditional dental technology requires at least two visits to complete a dental restoration. With CEREC restorations you save time and discomfort by eliminating the need for a second visit.
A crown, or cap, is typically used to restore a severely decayed or damaged tooth back to its original size, shape, and function. Just like a cap, a crown is designed to fit over your tooth beginning at the gum line. Crowns can be used to provide restorations such as supporting a filling as well as complete a tooth after having a root canal performed to save it. Crowns can also anchor a dental bridge and complete a dental implant. If you have a tooth which is misshaped, a crown can fix this while enhancing the appearance of your smile. Crowns have long been used to provide support for a tooth that has been weakened or sustained fractures.
Dr. Golly uses state-of-the-art CEREC technology for our patients who want their dental crown made in just one office visit. Made of porcelain, your CEREC crown will be beautiful and strong so you can smile with confidence. Today we are pleased to offer the details on CEREC technology, including its ability to provide high-quality dental crowns:
– CEREC crowns are able to be highly customized because they can be milled right here in our office without the use of a dental lab which normally requires weeks to produce a dental crown.
– Because your CEREC restoration is created in one single afternoon, there is no need to receive or wear a temporary dental crown which is often uncomfortable to wear as you wait for your permanent crown to be ready.
– CEREC dental crowns contain a highly personalized design that helps them look and function like your natural teeth.
– Due to the use of advanced computer technology, the milling process of CEREC dental crowns can be extremely precise.
– The lifespan of CEREC crowns is expected to be about a decade.
Our dentist and dental team work hard to stay current on the latest advances in dental technology and techniques such as our CEREC® one-visit restorations to provide you with the best possible dental care and experience. Our CEREC one-visit restorations also include veneers, dental inlays and onlays as well as crowns. CEREC’s advanced technology allows our team to provide you with a custom-made, high-quality dental restoration in a single visit to our office.
Would you like to know more about our same-day dental crowns? If you are ready to schedule an appointment with our dentist to find out if you are a good candidate for a CEREC dental crown in McMinnville, Oregon, we invite you to call All About Smiles at 503-472-9435. We look forward to hearing from you soon!